Tuesday 21 September 2010

Pictures taken in school

This is a photograph I managed to take in school. My intentions were to create a weird feeling as the objects overlap each other.
The pattern is very creative and looks as if it is going in to another world or dimension. I used selective lighting to create an atmosphere as the artificial lighting begins from the top and disappears down representing something like a cave or tunnel. A pattern emerges as the objects have been arranged roundly. 

As the photo is in colour it affects it by making it look like a type of masterpiece. The lighting at the top and pitch blackness at the bottom creates an atmosphere suggesting there is something inside. 

I like this photo as it is creative and feel it is effective as you can find different meaning behind it. I could relate this to my work by changing one image to another instead of showing cuts, because cuts are obvious forms of continuity.

This is a photo of a window that I took and turn of the lights to create a particular atmosphere. I chose to take this photo because I feel it suggests something is out there. It could suggest that something weird or incredible it there and can tell a particular story as it has similar looks to the moon at night.

I chose to take it in the centre frame to tell people that it is the main focus. As there is enough space on both side of the window it could suggest that it is something special. The shape affects the overall look of the image as you usually don't get circle windows so immediately pulls you to it.

As the photo is taken in the dark it represents a dark atmosphere. The lighting is natural showing a more natural and pure side.

I like this photo as it is different but I could have done better. This is because of the handle at the bottom. 



I managed to take this photo from a side angle so was lucky to catch everything inside. It shows repetition of a red square. I took this to show continuity, so even though you can not see everything you know the next thing is still going to be a red square the same size. It basically is a pattern and you can call it art.  The elements of line, space, form and shape makes the overall look of it neat and tidy. The high key lighting also reveals the shapes much more and portrays a happy colourful side.
I personally like this photo because of the repetition. I don't feel it's effective but I think it can have a message behind it like 'never changing' or 'once your something you can't go back'.         


I took this photo outside the school lift and my intentions were to create a type of suspense. You can see me in the photo as there was a mirror in the lift. The purpose of this photo is to get people thinking 'who is that? The lift closes me so you can't see me properly. The story this photo could tell is that the person is a mystery and the light blocking my face covers my identity.

The lighting in this photo is artificial creating more suspense. The lighting across the lift also separates it into four pieces.

I like this image because it is different and gets the audience thinking. It is effective because it shows how you can tell a story by putting things together. 
What I could of done to improve it is to crop the side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment